Building Permit Applications
The City of Monmouth is now a full service participant in the e-permitting system made available through the State of Oregon. Contractors are now able to apply for and purchase certain permits online, and schedule inspections 24/7 by phone or online: https://aca.oregon.accela.com/oregon/
The City of Monmouth joins a growing list of local jurisdictions offering e-permitting services statewide to provide:
- Online access to apply, pay for and receive Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing permits 24/7
- Automated inspection scheduling by phone or computer
- Comprehensive permit tracking and data collection
- Mobile app for inspectors and contractors
If you are starting a building project, or have any questions about how to get started, or whether you need a building permit or not, please visit e-permitting or call our office at 503.751.0138, stop by City Hall or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to make the process simple and easy as possible.
Whether you are a homeowner or a contractor, please visit the State of Oregon’s informational website Permits Protect to learn why you need a permit, how to get one and other useful resources.
For any other permits which cannot be applied and paid for online, please follow the process below:
Select the applicable application (at bottom of this page) for your project
- Complete the application and and email it email@example.com or fax it to 503.838.0725
- A fee estimate will be emailed to you once the application is processed.
- Send check payable to:
City of Monmouth
Attn: Building Department
151 Main Street W
Monmouth, OR 97361
- You will receive an email or a call once your application has been approved.
Are you a contractor looking to build one of the following?
- Single Family Residential Homes,
- Apartment Buildings with 3 units or more,
- Commercial Buildings, or
- Commercial Remodels
If you are, here is a list of the requirements needed in order to process your request to begin construction.
- All application forms completely filled out
- Development Review Check List
- Application for a Structural Permit
- Electrical Application Form
- Mechanical Permit Application (if applicable)
- Plumbing Permit Application (if applicable)
- Site plan
- Two sets of plans (3 sets for Commercial jobs)
- Two copies of all required engineering
- Two copies of engineered trusses
- A deposit (to be determined by the City) dependent upon square footage